FacebookFlickrBlogger

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Spin class as Tour of the Bay training


My Tour of the Bay training hasn't been as good as I'd hoped. I don't even have an excuse with daylight savings and the perfect weather we've been having.

In saying that, I did get up early this morning and go to a spin class with a friend.

Cue 45 minutes of an over energetic instructor yelling at you to 'climb that hill' and 'be aggressive' minutes after you've woken up, and with a belly void of food I might add.

During the six minute hill climbs and the sprints to the finish line, I was hating the class, but in all honestly afterwards I felt great.

Apparently you burn 1,000 calories doing a spin class, and what better way to train for the race. This weekend I'll get out in the sun (it's meant to be raining on Saturday so Sunday it is).

How's your training going?

No comments:

Post a Comment