FacebookFlickrBlogger

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Guest Bloggers: Tour of the Bay novices

This week we talked to Rochelle Elgie who's cycling with myself and two others from Hastings District Council in the Tour the Bay 50km event next month.


Karen, (me) and Rochelle ready for the challenge!

How much cycling do you do?
None this year. Last year I worked for the Hawke’s Bay Regional Council and biked there a handful of times, but I live in Napier so it wasn’t far.

When you are planning on biking into work
That’s a bit daunting at the moment, I’m used to the car radio and doing 100 kmph on the expressway! I might try a weekend bike in a few weeks just to see how long it takes and if I can do it and be functional for work.

What other training will you do?
Weekend bike rides

What kind of bike will you ride?
An Avanti Women’s road bike. The one with the normal sized tyres and comfy seat.

How competent a rider you are?
Average. I’m a bit nervous about biking with a bunch of people, I don’t want to fall off!

Have you entered in anything like this before
No!

So why are you entering the Tour the Bay?
I want to improve my fitness and get in shape a bit and this is the perfect motivation.

1 comment: