FacebookFlickrBlogger

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Guest Bloggers: Angela Hirst's fancy new wheels


This week we talked to Angela Hirst who recently purchased a new bike to cruise with her six year old son Jack. A real flash bike too we might add! Enjoy :)



O3 September 2011: Today I am officially a bike owner. But not just any bike.

For years I said I would never be caught dead on a bike. I have a real dislike for lycra and I don’t do exercise at the best of times.

The tipping point came a few weeks ago when Jack, my six year old told me that I should not be scared to ride a bike and that I could get trainer wheels if I am shaky. He went on to say that if I was really scared his dad (my husband) could hold the back of the seat and run while I got used to it. I assured him I would not need any help and that I had rode a bike many years ago. I really didn’t think he believed me though!

04 September 2011: It’s a beautiful day. Jack really wanted to go out for a ride. So by 4pm I had given in. I told Jack that as it was my first bike ride in years so we needed to take it easy and keep it short. Up onto the marine parade we went. It was beautiful on the pathway and what a thrill to have the sea breeze and the wind in my hair.

We passed some tourist who actually had the balls to point at my bike. Jack said ''Don’t worry Mum, they’re just jealous of your flash ride.” I had to agree. I love my new bike!

9 comments:

  1. Are there any places where tourists can rent a bike from in Hawke's Bay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cup holder is for the cocktails ah? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful ride Ange - love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to start riding it in to work now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smooth ride Ange! Proud of you for giving it a go with your son too!! :) Awesome!! Just need some spinner wheels on it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks guys. The cup holder is awesome didn't spill my hot chocolate once !

    ReplyDelete
  7. thought you would have loved the colour Marit.

    it's such a cool bike to ride and really comfy

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Muppie....north end of marine parade theres a bike rental just before the port entrance. Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool story. Good luck to you and I hope you continue to enjoy the bike rides with your son. Cheers

    ReplyDelete