FacebookFlickrBlogger

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Guest Bloggers: Ruby Evans, Sunday biker

This week we spoke with 2-year-old Ruby Evans, who every Sunday bikes with her Dad to a local coffee shop for fluffys and good chats.

This is me heading out the door

My new bike Mum and Dad bought me with an extra long handle for when peddaling gets a bit tough

Dad's yummy breakfast last Sunday

Oh and this is me on a recent family holiday to Vanuatu - we still visited a local cafe on Sunday!

I like Sundays. Sundays are the day when me and Dad get on our bikes and bike to our local coffee shop.

I get to hear how his week has been at work, and I tell him as best I can about my week and the kids at daycare.

The best bit - apart from the food and coffee (fluffy for me) - is the bike ride. Especially because Mum and Dad just bought me a brand new bike. It’s got a super long handle at the back too for when I get a bit tired from all the biking and Dad can take a load off.

We bike along the Rotary Pathway on the waterfront and I am amazed at the birds and other people out and about at that time of the morning.

Parking our bikes outside the coffee shop is a breeze as I’m allowed to take mine inside with us. Sometimes I see the other kids looking at my bike and I am happy that it belongs to me.

Once we’ve filled up on warm drinks and yummy breakfasts (see Dad’s breakfast last Sunday above) we’re off again. Sometimes I don't want the bike ride to end, well that's most of the time but eventually we have to head back home.

1 comment:

  1. Quite a difference between the clothes she wears in warm climate of Vanuatu and Hawke's Bay in the midst of winter

    ReplyDelete