FacebookFlickrBlogger

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A confession






I've got a confession to make: I don't have a Guest Blogger for you this week. Yes I know, I'm slack. But, in my defense, returning from a week in Fiji (think 28 degrees, white sandy beaches and crystal clear water - photos above to make you even more envious) has proven to be a little more difficult than expected. There was the 70-odd emails on my return, an unexpected very expensive roaming mobile phone bill, and the numerous ''how was your holiday'' questions all to contend with.

So, this week I thought I'd share with you some interesting numbers about what iWay's achieved in the one year since its birth.

- 25 kilometres of new cycle lanes
- 55 new bike racks
- 177 kids trained in cycle safety
- 480 iWalk Challenge walkers
- 52 fashion models on bikes at the Heels on Wheels Fashion Show
- 49 bikes fixed up for local kids at the Hawke’s Bay Prison
- 2.1 kilometres of off road cycle lanes developed
- 378 bikes fixed at Big Bike Fixups
- 17 iWay events
- 1200 iWay water bottles given out
- Over 14 thousand kilometres cycled by Hastings District Council staff in February
- 748 iway friends on Facebook
- 139 intersections upgraded

I hope you all have a great weekend in sunny Hawke's Bay.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment