FacebookFlickrBlogger

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Guest Bloggers: New year, new challenges

Happy 2012 everyone! We're pumped for a new year and new challenges. Today we talked to Rochelle again to see how she was feeling after Tour of the Bay last year and whether she'd continued cycling. Enjoy.



Cycling is awesome, but I need to make it habit-forming. After the Tour of the Bay in October I got out of the habit. Determined to start cycling again, last weekend I pumped up the tyres, donned the lycra and headed off for an early morning bike.

I was expecting it to be a lot harder than it was, funny how muscles work. It helped that cycling last year coupled with the Summer Challenge at work (measuring steps with a pedometer) got me walking more and eating healthier and then I shocked myself and joined a gym.

Still going to the gym too, but that’s another story. I recommend everyone who doesn’t think the gym is for them to give it a go; I was one of those people and now look forward to my work outs!

Anyway, the bike ride was a fizzer. I got 10kms in, heard a funny noise, kept going, noise didn’t stop. Decided to check it out and had a flat back tyre. Awesome. Luckily I’d bought a mini-pump for last years training and the tyre lasted until I got home. A bunch of lovely walkers along Puketapu Road stopped to check if I was okay too.

Now I just need to keep up the gym, try to avoid takeaways and fix that puncture so I can go on good long bike rides.

Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment